Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I know ... I keep posting about True Blood lately. Partly it's because I haven't been able to concentrate on reading a book in a while, and partly because the show is both slightly addictive and really annoying. It swings.

This past weekend's episode (#8?) was annoying. The spraying blood and the subsequent slaying of Longshadow was ok. But what's up with this Jason-Joy-Nerdy/Gay Vampire storyline? And the gooey Oh-Jason-I'm-So-In-Love-With-You business? I mean, sure, in the books Jason has a way with the female portion of the population but come ON! And kidnapping a vampire? Having sex in front of him while he moaned in agony? Give me a freakin' break.

Tell me Charlaine Harris isn't cringing as she watches. Her writing does not go down such cliched, groan-worthy paths. It's a lot more subtle with a healthy dose of irony. I really miss her light touch in this series.

Sure, I'm happy that one of my favourite series is being brought to life (or unlife - LOL) every week. And I hope its popularity helps Ms. Harris out financially -- she deserves it IMO.

But I prefer the books. You know -- the place where Sookie isn't a saucy whiner, where Eric's quips make you laugh, and where Jason is a highly-sexed idiot ... but not THIS much of an idiot.

Ok. 'Nuff said, for now.

And now it's time to start watching the US election results come in ...

No comments: